There’s a number of intrigue surrounding airline invitation-only elite standing. I’ve written about American Concierge Key standing and Delta 360 standing, and on this put up I needed to check out United World Companies standing. What’s the standing, how do you earn it, what are the advantages, and what number of members are there? I’ll share every little thing I do know…
What’s United World Companies standing?
World Companies is United Airways’ invitation-only elite standing. Apart from lifetime standing (which I’ll cowl under), there aren’t any revealed methods to earn this unique tier. Most members need to qualify for World Companies standing yr after yr.
Along with providing the best precedence for almost every little thing at United, World Companies standing additionally presents higher “delicate” therapy with the airline.
How do you earn United World Companies standing?
There’s just one revealed approach to earn World Companies, and that’s by United’s Million Miler program. Should you earn 4 million lifetime miles with United MileagePlus then you definately get lifetime World Companies standing, and you’ll even share that with a companion.
Admittedly it is a very excessive threshold, so that you’d need to be loyal to United for a very long time to earn that (for instance, you’d must fly 100,000 miles per yr for 40 years). I’d guess that solely a small minority of World Companies members have earned standing this manner.
The rather more widespread approach to earn World Companies standing is thru an invite, utilizing unpublished standards:
- A few of United Airways’ largest spenders will be invited to World Companies; the necessities differ based mostly available on the market you fly out of, however typically anticipate that you just gained’t be invited in case you don’t spend $50,000+ per yr with the airline
- United World Companies standing is usually gifted to those that have a number of affect over the journey of others, or those that signal a company contract with United
- United World Companies is usually given to celebrities and different “essential” folks, the place United desires to verify they’ve a very good expertise once they journey with the airline.
Notice that if somebody earns World Companies standing and can also be no less than a a million miler, they will nominate a companion to even be World Companies for so long as they’ve standing (that is totally different than 4 million miler standing, the place you and a companion get the standing for all times).
What are the advantages of United World Companies standing?
Perks for United Airways World Companies members embody the next:
- The best improve precedence for United flights, as complimentary upgrades begin clearing 120 hours out (in comparison with 96 hours out for Premier 1K members)
- The best precedence for standby, offered out flights, waitlisted upgrades, award flights, and extra
- Entry to particular improve stock when utilizing improve certificates, which different members don’t have entry to
- Entry to particular World Companies check-in amenities at main hubs
- Precedence boarding forward of first-class
- Particular therapy within the occasion of irregular operations, with first precedence for rebooking
- Mercedes-Benz tarmac transfers at main hubs with a good connection, although this isn’t assured
- A devoted 24/7 World Companies hotline and e mail handle for flight help
- United Membership entry, even when simply touring domestically (although no visitors are allowed)
- Entry to the United arrivals lounge in London, Lufthansa arrivals lounge in Frankfurt, and SWISS arrivals lounge in Zurich, when arriving similar day on United
I discover it fascinating that World Companies members don’t get entry to United’s Polaris Lounges. Admittedly most World Companies members are most likely touring in enterprise class on lengthy haul flights anyway, however nonetheless…
What number of United World Companies members are there?
Airline elite standing generally is a little bit of a you-know-what measuring contest, and persons are at all times inquisitive about what number of members there are in a specific elite tier. Since World Companies is primarily invitation-only, the airline can also be tight-lipped about what number of World Companies members there are. All we will do is speculate… and there’s a number of hypothesis on the market.
For instance, when this query was requested on Quora, somebody deduced that there have been 20 million MileagePlus elite members, 40,000 Premier 1K members, and a couple of,000 World Companies members. All of these numbers appear manner off to me. I’d guess there are manner fewer elite members, far more Premier 1K members, and far more World Companies members.
That is purely hypothesis on my half, however I’d guess that there are someplace round 15,000-25,000 World Companies members. For context, I’ve speculated that there are someplace round 15,000 American Concierge Key members (and we all know for a reality that there have been no less than 11,300 members in 2019), so why do I feel there are extra United World Companies members?
- Generally, United is a extra international airline than American, and it’s a lot simpler to earn World Companies flying lengthy haul than brief haul; heck, pre-pandemic, Apple purchased 50 enterprise class seats per day on United between San Francisco and Shanghai
- World Companies members who’ve any type of lifetime standing can nominate another person to be World Companies, in order that additionally will increase the variety of members considerably
If anybody has any theories or ideas they’d prefer to share, I’d love to listen to it (and if anybody has any inside information they wish to share anonymously, that may be nice too). It’s attainable I’m completely off, however I’m simply sharing my finest educated guess.
What’s United Chairman’s Circle standing?
Should you assume United is tight-lipped about World Companies standing, then wait till you hear about Chairman’s Circle. That is an extra-special invitation-only standing that’s usually given to individuals who have contracts that embody no less than $5 million in annual spending on United. Just one particular person on the firm will get it.
A minimum of that’s the way it was once, and the main points listed below are very restricted. I’d guess the variety of members there’s within the dozens…
World Companies is United Airways’ invitation-only elite standing. You possibly can earn it both by being very loyal to United over the course of your life, controlling main journey contracts and having a number of affect, or by spending rather a lot on United (assume $50,000+).
World Companies comes with prime precedence for every little thing at United, and on prime of that you would be able to anticipate that the “delicate” therapy can be significantly better as effectively.
To United World Companies members, what has your expertise been with the standing? And anybody wish to guess what number of members there are?