Virgin Australia has simply undergone a 24-month transformation, which is seeing the corporate return to profitability. In celebration of that, the airline has launched a “Center Seat Lottery,” which takes among the sting out of not getting an aisle or window seat.
Virgin Australia provides away $350K value of cruises
Based mostly on a survey, Virgin Australia claims that 62% of passengers choose the aisle seat, 35% of passengers choose the window seat, and underneath 1% of passengers choose the center seat (which… something aside from 0% appears incorrect to me, however…).
To make sitting within the center seat a bit higher, Virgin Australia has launched the brand new Center Seat Lottery idea. This kicked off on Monday, October 24, 2022, on Virgin Australia flight VA219 from Melbourne (MEL) to Adelaide (ADL). On this flight:
- Every visitor seated in a center seat obtained a Virgin Voyages crusing valued at as much as $5,999 (that means the whole retail worth of what was given away was $350K+)
- To make sure nobody walked away empty handed, everybody in an aisle or window seat was given 10,000 Velocity factors
I assume that this value Virgin Australia solely a fraction of that. For that matter, I can’t assist however surprise how many individuals who received the Virgin Voyages holidays will truly use them, on condition that the cruise line solely sails to the Caribbean and Europe.
Beneath you possibly can see a video about this particular flight, as Virgin Australia CEO Jayne Hrdlicka was even onboard to tell passengers what that they had received.
The launch of this has additionally coincided with Virgin Australia introducing a brand new “Deliver On Fantastic” advert marketing campaign, which you’ll see under.
Virgin Australia’s ongoing Center Seat Lottery
It wasn’t only one flight the place Virgin Australia is freely giving issues to folks seated in center seats. By April 23, 2023, any Virgin Australia Velocity member who flies in a center seat on a home flight can enter the Center Seat Lottery. It’s a must to select to take part inside 48 hours of your flight’s departure time via the Virgin Australia app.
For every week of the competitors, one winner will likely be randomly chosen to win certainly one of 26 prizes. Prizes which are up for grabs embrace the next:
- Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyer Standing plus a million factors
- A cruise within the Caribbean with Virgin Voyages, together with return premium economic system flights to the US with United Airways
- Flights and tickets to your AFL workforce’s away video games in 2023
- Flights to Melbourne plus entry to the AFL “Earlier than the Bounce” pre-game lunch, AFL Grand Last seats, a pre-game boundary line expertise, merchandise, and entry to the AFL Grand Last after social gathering
- A helicopter pub crawl, together with return flights to Darwin
- Cairns journey bundle, together with lodging, return flights, and a variety of adventures, from bungee leaping, to massive swinging, to river rafting or tubing within the nice Barron River
It is a fairly sensible initiative on Virgin Australia’s half, when you ask me. Clearly the first intent right here is to drive sign-ups to the Virgin Australia Velocity program, and to get passengers to obtain the app.
The rationale this makes a lot sense is as a result of I’d guess these in center seats are least more likely to be program members (the extra engaged somebody is with an airline, the extra seemingly they’re to pick seats upfront, and so forth.). Equally, I’d count on these are additionally the passengers least more likely to have already got the Virgin Australia app.
Virgin Australia isn’t the primary airline to have an initiative like this. Spirit Airways used to offer away miles to pick passengers in center seats, and I believe the motive there was comparable.
Virgin Australia has launched a Center Seat Lottery. Along with freely giving cruises to everybody in a center seat on a selected flight on Monday, the airline can also be working an ongoing contest via April 2023, the place these in center seats can enter a lottery to win a weekly prize.
This initiative is clearly aimed toward rising frequent flyer program sign-ups and app downloads, and I feel it ought to accomplish that fairly successfully.
What do you make of Virgin Australia’s Center Seat Lottery?