Whereas there’s nonetheless not an official opening date, it’s wanting possible that the deliberate Thompson Palm Springs will welcome its first friends in 2023. The lodge web site is now up, and we additionally know what World of Hyatt class the property shall be. Let’s begin with a little bit of background.
The deserted Andaz Palm Springs challenge
Again in 2015 it was introduced that an Andaz can be coming to Palm Springs. On the time the plan was for the 150-room lodge to open in 2016. For these of you not aware of Andaz, that is Hyatt’s luxurious(ish) way of life lodge model, with properties in well-liked locations world wide.
The fact is that this property was already within the pipeline lengthy earlier than it was introduced that it might be branded as a Hyatt, because the 4 acre plot of land has been underneath growth in some kind for roughly a decade.
For years the event gave the impression to be cursed in nearly each method possible, with infinite allegations of breach of contract, lack of cost to contractors, and so on. In mid-2020 the lodge landed in chapter courtroom, with the controlling entity promoting its stake within the property.
Happily there was some important progress on this property not too long ago, and there are nonetheless plans for it to be a Hyatt.
Fundamentals of the deliberate Thompson Palm Springs
With the challenge underneath new possession, the plan for the previous 18 months or so has been for the property to turn into the Thompson Palm Springs. For these not acquainted, Thompson is one other one in every of Hyatt’s way of life manufacturers, with an enormous emphasis on meals & beverage shops which can be well-liked with locals.
We nonetheless don’t have an official opening date for the property, however the whole lot I’ve heard means that the lodge ought to open in 2023, presumably as early as summer time. The Thompson Palm Springs now has its personal devoted Hyatt web site, and we all know that this shall be a Class 5 World of Hyatt property when it opens. The lodge isn’t but accepting reservations, although I’ll you should definitely submit when that adjustments.
I think about the design will change considerably in comparison with the unique challenge. Under are the few renderings we’ve of the Thompson Palm Springs, versus the preliminary plans for the Andaz Palm Springs.
One other superior California addition for Hyatt
Just a few basic notes about this property particularly, and about Hyatt’s total footprint in California. I like Palm Springs quite a bit, although it’s not a spot I go to usually, just because I stay in Florida. There are a number of causes I’m enthusiastic about this property:
- Personally I in all probability wouldn’t journey cross nation to go to Palm Springs as a standalone journey, although what I like a lot about California is the geographic variety, so this might be nice as a part of a much bigger journey to California; this can even be superior for these in SoCal who’re in search of a weekend getaway
- Palm Springs is desperately missing luxurious factors motels; I nonetheless miss the Parker Palm Springs belonging to Starwood Most popular Visitor; the lodge nonetheless exists, nevertheless it’s not affiliated with a serious lodge factors program
- Whereas I’m typically enthusiastic about this growth, I want this had been a extra secluded resort with a bit extra land, relatively than a 4 acre growth proper within the coronary heart of the town
- With Hyatt buying Dream Lodge Group, Hyatt will finally have one other new property in Palm Springs, as there’s a Dream Palm Springs within the pipeline, although it’s an extended methods from opening
On high of that, I can’t assist however level out how superbly Hyatt’s portfolio in California is growing:
- There at the moment are three Alila properties in California, together with the Alila Ventana Massive Sur, Alila Marea Seashore Encinitas, and Alila Napa Valley
- For Hyatt loyalists, you could have luxurious lodge choices to benefit from the seashores in SoCal, the character in Massive Sur, and wine nation in Napa Valley, plus this Palm Springs addition coming quickly
- Whereas Hyatt’s metropolis footprint in California largely leaves quite a bit to be desired, it has not less than been bettering properly within the Los Angeles space, between the Thompson Hollywood, the tommie Hollywood, Lodge Figueroa, and extra (sadly the Park Hyatt Los Angeles challenge continues to be stalled)
The Thompson Palm Springs is predicted to open in 2023. It now has a Hyatt webpage, and shall be a Class 5 World of Hyatt property at opening. That is the previous Andaz Palm Springs challenge, which has now been underneath growth for roughly a decade. Right here’s to hoping that the lodge really opens in 2023, and doesn’t encounter even additional delays.
Are you excited in regards to the Thompson Palm Springs?