ITA Airways is the brand new nationwide airline of Italy, and the successor of Alitalia. Whereas the airline belongs to the SkyTeam alliance for now (till Lufthansa completes its takeover), sadly it hasn’t been attainable to redeem any companion miles for journey on ITA, which is sort of irritating.
As flagged by Frequent Miler, there’s an thrilling replace on that entrance. It’s lastly attainable to redeem companion airline miles on ITA Airways, which I’d take into account to be an thrilling improvement!
Redeem Virgin factors on ITA Airways
Virgin Atlantic’s web site is now exhibiting award availability for journey on ITA Airways. It’s attainable that different SkyTeam packages even have entry to ITA Airways award area, however I’m not seeing it on-line but (if anybody sees some other alternatives, please let me know!).
Happily Virgin Atlantic Flying Membership factors are simple to come back by, as this system companions with main transferable factors currencies, together with American Specific Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Final Rewards, and Citi ThankYou. Moreover, we typically see switch bonuses, which could be value benefiting from.
As a reminder, Virgin Atlantic Flying Membership has a distance based mostly award chart for SkyTeam companion flights, with pricing as follows (based mostly on one-way journey for the complete journey):
As you’ll be able to see, in enterprise class throughout the Atlantic you’ll be able to anticipate to pay:
- 75,000 factors for a journey of 4,001-5,000 miles
- 85,000 factors for a journey of 5,001-6,000 miles
- 100,00 factors for a journey of 6,001-7,000 miles
These aren’t essentially one of the best costs on earth, however the excellent news is that award availability in ITA enterprise class is sort of good, at the very least for early 2024 (there are two enterprise class award seats per flight many days), and there are not any provider imposed surcharges on these awards.
Redeeming 75,000 Flying Membership factors plus $5.60 for a New York to Rome award is sort of a great deal.
The identical is true of redeeming 85,000 Flying Membership factors plus $5.60 for a Miami to Rome award.
I’m enthusiastic about this chance!
I’m not suggesting that is the one best improvement to award journey ever, however I actually admire seeing this:
- I’ve reviewed ITA Airways’ A350 enterprise class, and the airline truly has a unbelievable enterprise class, among the many greatest throughout the Atlantic; the provider’s lounge in Rome is sort of good too
- Discovering saver stage award availability nonstop between the US and Rome on different airways is extraordinarily difficult, so that is going to be your only option for that
- We frequently see 25-30% switch bonuses to Virgin Atlantic Flying Membership, which may make this a good higher deal
- It’s good to see a Virgin Atlantic award possibility throughout the Atlantic with no gasoline surcharges by any means in both path
In the end that is only a momentary alternative. Lufthansa is buying ITA Airways, and at that time I believe it will likely be attainable to redeem Star Alliance miles for journey on the airline.
It’s now attainable to redeem Virgin Atlantic Flying Membership factors for journey on ITA Airways. This may be performed straight via Virgin Atlantic’s web site, and there are not any gasoline surcharges. ITA has a superb enterprise class, so for those who’re seeking to journey to Italy and past, positively maintain this in thoughts.
Any OMAAT readers plan on redeeming factors on ITA?