Purchase Alaska Mileage Plan Miles With A 60% Bonus
Usually shopping for factors strategically generally is a good worth, and Alaska Airways Mileage Plan is considered one of my favourite packages to purchase miles from, each due to the frequency with which this system sells miles, and what a superb deal award redemptions might be.
Alaska Mileage Plan has simply launched its newest promotion on bought miles, which is in step with the most effective presents we see from this system. This might symbolize an ideal deal, although simply needless to say some program modifications are coming later this yr.
By means of Wednesday, November 2, 2022, the Alaska Airways Mileage Plan program is providing a bonus on bought miles. Generally totally different Mileage Plan members are focused for various bonuses, so that you’ll must log into your account to see what you’re eligible for. Primarily based on the accounts I handle, it might seem that the usual bonus is for as much as 60%, as follows:
- Purchase 3,000-19,000 miles, get a 40% bonus
- Purchase 20,000-39,000 miles, get a 50% bonus
- Purchase 40,000-100,000 miles, get a 60% bonus
How a lot does it price to purchase Alaska Mileage Plan miles?
Ordinarily you should purchase Alaska Mileage Plan miles for two.75 cents every pre-tax, earlier than any reductions or bonuses. Should you had been eligible for the 60% bonus and bought 100,000 Mileage Plan miles pre-bonus, you’d obtain a complete of 160,000 Mileage Plan miles at a value of $2,956.25, which is a price of 1.85 cents per Mileage Plan mile.
That is in step with the most effective presents we see from the Mileage Plan program on bought miles.
What number of Mileage Plan miles can you buy?
The variety of Alaska miles you should purchase is determined by your standing:
- Alaska Mileage Plan elite members (MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K, and MVP Gold 100K) should purchase a vast variety of miles
- Alaska Mileage Plan non-elite members should purchase as much as 150,000 miles per calendar yr; that restrict doesn’t embrace the bonus miles
Observe that in all circumstances you’re restricted to buying 100,000 Mileage Plan miles per transaction (pre-bonus), although you possibly can all the time make a number of transactions. Moreover, you possibly can solely buy miles for those who’ve been a member of Mileage Plan for at the very least 10 days.
Which bank card do you have to purchase Mileage Plan miles with?
Alaska Mileage Plan mileage purchases are processed by factors.com, which means they don’t depend as an airfare buy for the needs of bank card spending.
Subsequently I’d advocate utilizing a card on which you’re making an attempt to succeed in a minimal spending requirement, or in any other case, a bank card that maximizes your return on on a regular basis spending, just like the Chase Freedom Limitless® (overview), Citi® Double Money Card (overview), or Capital One Enterprise Rewards Credit score Card (overview).
Earn 1% money again while you make a purchase order, earn 1% money again while you pay for that buy
Chase Freedom Limitless®
Earn 3% Money Again on Eating
Earn 3% Money Again at Drugstores
Earn 1.5% Money Again On All Different Purchases
Capital One Enterprise Rewards Credit score Card
Earn 2x Enterprise miles on each buy
No Overseas Transaction Charges
World Entry/TSA Pre-Test Credit score
Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card
Earn 2x Enterprise miles on each buy
No Overseas Transaction Charges
10,000 bonus miles each account anniversary
The Blue Enterprise® Plus Credit score Card from American Specific
2x factors on purchases as much as $50k then 1x
Entry to Amex Gives
No annual charge
See this publish for extra on which bank cards are greatest for getting factors.
Is shopping for Alaska Mileage Plan miles value it?
There are such a lot of issues to like about Alaska Mileage Plan miles:
- Alaska Mileage Plan has among the many most cheap premium cabin redemption charges you’ll discover on the market for journey on many accomplice airways; sadly among the new redemption companions added in latest months don’t supply the identical worth
- Alaska Mileage Plan has a singular array of airline companions — the airline belongs to the oneworld alliance so has plenty of companions throughout the alliance, but in addition has a number of non-oneworld companions, starting from Condor, to Fiji Airways, to Icelandair, to LATAM, to Singapore Airways
- Alaska Mileage Plan permits stopovers on award tickets, which most packages don’t permit these days; this could stretch your miles so much additional
- Miles are bought at an affordable value and might be purchased in massive portions, making this an ideal program for “ranging from scratch” and saving cash on a premium worldwide ticket
So sure, I believe there are numerous conditions the place there’s large worth in shopping for Mileage Plan miles, particularly for those who discover premium cabin award area on airways like Cathay Pacific, Japan Airways, Qantas, and so on.
On what airways are you able to redeem Alaska Mileage Plan miles?
Presently it’s attainable to redeem Alaska Mileage Plan miles on the next accomplice airways:
- Aer Lingus
- Air Tahiti Nui
- American Airways
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Fiji Airways
- Hainan Airways
- Japan Airways
- Korean Air
- Malaysia Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- Royal Jordanian
- Singapore Airways
- SriLankan Airways
What are good makes use of of Alaska Mileage Plan miles?
There are such a lot of unimaginable makes use of of Alaska Mileage Plan miles, so let me give some examples of one-way redemption charges:
- Between the US and Asia, you possibly can fly Cathay Pacific firstclass for 70,000 miles, or Cathay Pacific enterprise class for 50,000 miles
- Between the US and Southeast Asia, you possibly can fly Japan Airways firstclass for 75,000 miles, or Japan Airways enterprise class for 65,000 miles
- Between the US and Australia or New Zealand, you possibly can fly Fiji Airways enterprise class for 55,000 miles
- Between the US and Australia, you possibly can fly Qantas firstclass for 70,000 miles, or Qantas enterprise class for 55,000 miles
- Between the US and Tahiti, you possibly can fly Air Tahiti Nui enterprise class for 60,000 miles
- Between the US and Europe, you possibly can fly Icelandair enterprise class for 55,000 miles
- Between the US and Europe, you possibly can fly Aer Lingus enterprise class for 60,000 miles
- Between the US and Europe, you possibly can fly Finnair enterprise class for 70,000 miles
- Between the US and South America, you possibly can fly LATAM enterprise class for 45,000 miles
These are simply among the nice methods to redeem Mileage Plan miles, and as I’ll clarify beneath, it doesn’t totally do justice to how a lot worth you possibly can probably get with these miles.
Tip: Reap the benefits of Alaska’s beneficiant stopover coverage
One among my favourite features of Alaska Mileage Plan miles is that you simply’re allowed a stopover on a accomplice award ticket with out paying further miles. Because you’re allowed a stopover even on a one-way, this implies you possibly can have two stopovers on a roundtrip award.
These days most airline loyalty packages have eradicated free stopovers on award tickets, so that is one thing that basically units this system aside. The one exception is that stopovers aren’t allowed in case your award is completely for journey inside Asia.
That is such an superior and underrated profit, because the potential right here is big:
- Flying from New York to Bali by way of Hong Kong? You possibly can cease in Hong Kong for just a few days!
- Flying from Chicago to Singapore by way of Tokyo? You possibly can cease in Japan for just a few days!
- Flying from Los Angeles to Sydney by way of Nadi? You possibly can cease in Fiji for just a few days!
- Flying from Seattle to Frankfurt by way of Keflavik? You possibly can cease in Iceland for just a few days!
- Flying from Miami to Santiago by way of Lima? You possibly can cease in Peru for just a few days!
Are there gasoline surcharges on Alaska Mileage Plan awards?
Many shoppers are pissed off by the follow of airways including service imposed surcharges to award tickets. Within the case of Mileage Plan, most companions don’t have these surcharges. Nevertheless, there are surcharges for journey on British Airways, Hainan Airways, and Icelandair, which is one thing to bear in mind.
How a lot are Alaska Mileage Plan miles value?
Everybody will worth mileage currencies in another way, however personally I worth Alaska Mileage Plan miles at ~1.7 cents every, which is the very best I worth any single airline mileage foreign money. I are inclined to worth factors fairly conservatively, and there are numerous methods to get extra worth from Mileage Plan miles than that (as I’ve hopefully demonstrated above).
Do Alaska Mileage Plan miles expire?
Alaska Mileage Plan miles don’t expire so long as you’ve got at the very least some account exercise as soon as each 24 months. Account exercise might embrace incomes or redeeming miles.
What different methods are you able to earn Alaska Mileage Plan miles?
There are a number of methods to earn Alaska Mileage Plan miles, each by way of flying and non-flying means. Alaska Mileage Plan isn’t switch companions with one of many main transferable factors currencies, so the best strategy to earn Alaska miles is with one of many co-branded bank cards, which embrace the:
Each supply nice welcome bonuses after finishing a reasonable minimal spending quantity. There are many different nice perks to those playing cards as effectively.
Alaska Mileage Plan is likely one of the most profitable loyalty packages to purchase miles from, due to the superb redemption charges, stopovers on one-way awards, and number of companions.
Presently Mileage Plan is providing a bonus of as much as 60% on bought miles, which is a chance to select up miles for round 1.85 cents every. That is pretty much as good as presents get for getting Alaska miles. There’s plenty of worth available with this supply for those who’re being strategic.
Do you propose on buying Alaska Mileage Plan miles with this promotion?