With the variety of individuals flying, that is sure to occur each occasionally, although it nonetheless makes for fairly a narrative.
Mexican traveler unintentionally boards Volaris flight to Seattle
Final week, a 29-year-old Mexican citizen named Marijose Gamboa was presupposed to return residence from a trip on Volaris. She was presupposed to take the 727-mile home flight from Guadalajara (GDL) to Tuxtla Gutiérrez (TGZ), however unintentionally ended up on the two,140-mile worldwide flight to Seattle (SEA).
How precisely did this occur? Gamboa shared the state of affairs on her TikTok. Based on her:
- At Guadalajara Airport, a Volaris airline employee had directed her to alter the road she was in whereas ready for her flight
- She boarded the flight from that line, and in some way the gate agent didn’t catch that she was on the flawed flight
- As soon as onboard the flight, there was somebody in her assigned seat; she confirmed the flight attendant her boarding go, and he or she additionally didn’t catch that she was on the flawed flight, and as an alternative seated her some other place
- About three hours into the flight, she was handed an immigration type for the US
- For the reason that girl didn’t communicate English, she was confused and requested the flight attendant for assist, and that is when it was found that she was on the flawed flight
- The flight attendant was shocked to be taught that the traveler wasn’t meaning to fly to the US, and didn’t have a passport
- The crew then requested her for a telephone quantity to contact her household, so they might let her household know what was happening
It is a fairly massive failure on Volaris’ half, for a number of individuals to not understand somebody had boarded the flawed airplane. When her boarding go was scanned on the gate, didn’t it alarm, to point she was on the flawed flight? When her seat was already assigned to another person, did the flight attendant not rigorously evaluate her boarding go?
What occurred when she arrived in the US?
Upon arriving in the US, a Volaris worker accompanied Gamboa within the immigration corridor. She was interviewed by immigration officers, after which they escorted her again to her flight, as she instantly returned to Guadalajara on the identical Volaris airplane.
Officers advised her there could be no destructive file of this, within the occasion that she wished to journey to the US sooner or later.
Volaris clearly paid for her ticket again to her meant vacation spot of Tuxtla Gutiérrez. Suffice it to say that this was a really lengthy journey day — what was presupposed to be a brief flight of beneath two hours, ended up consisting of two additional flights of practically 5 hours every, along with the meant flight.
All through this ordeal, Gamboa’s household was clearly extremely involved, as she hadn’t arrived in Tuxtla Gutiérrez as deliberate. Her household had been knowledgeable on the time that she had gone lacking, and there’s nothing Volaris representatives may do. Then the Nationwide Guard stepped in, and advised Volaris that they must file a lacking individuals report.
At that time Volaris brokers on the airport began working to find her whereabouts, and had been capable of finding out that she was truly on the flawed airplane. Gamboa claims that upon arriving in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Volaris staff blamed her for getting on the flawed flight.
A traveler meaning to take a home Volaris flight inside Mexico unintentionally ended up on a flight to the US. She had allegedly been requested to modify strains whereas boarding, and neither the gate agent nor flight attendant realized the error.
When the traveler arrived in the US she was interviewed by officers, and despatched again on the identical airplane to Mexico, ultimately being reunited along with her household, albeit means later than anticipated.
What do you make of this incident?
(Tip of the hat to Daniel)