If you happen to’re dreaming of touring to the Center East or love utilizing your miles to fly on airways you’ve got by no means skilled earlier than, now we have excellent news for you. It is now attainable to redeem Alaska Airways Mileage Plan miles for flights on El Al, Israel’s nationwide airline.
Not like a lot of Alaska Airways’ companions, El Al is not a part of the Oneworld alliance — nor every other alliance. With a rising listing of worldwide flights, now you can use your Alaska miles to fly with El Al to quite a few locations.
Associated: Finest candy spots with Alaska Airways Mileage Plan
Let’s take a more in-depth take a look at this new companion redemption choice to see whether or not redeeming your Alaska miles for flights on El Al is an efficient use of your miles.
Redeeming Alaska miles for El Al flights
Whereas Alaska publishes distinctive award charts for every of its airline companions (which you’ll view right here), the award chart for El Al hasn’t been printed but, as first observed by AwardWallet. Till there’s an official award chart, you may have to hunt for award availability to see what pricing is in impact on the day you wish to fly.
That being mentioned, there are developments we are able to observe:
- Award charges in early 2023 are cheaper than these in late 2023 when flying from the U.S. to Tel Aviv, Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport (TLV), with mileage necessities growing 17% to 25% on common. These will increase begin as early as July on some routes however not till September or October 2023 on different routes. This implies you may get a greater worth to your miles when you fly within the first half of 2023 when utilizing your Alaska miles to fly to Israel with El Al.
- Enterprise-class awards begin at 85,000 miles from the U.S. to Israel however are vulnerable to the identical will increase famous above.
- Redeeming Qantas factors for El Al flights could be a greater possibility, relying in your class of journey and routing. Redemption charges aren’t all the time higher, however amassing Qantas factors is far simpler.
- Discovering redemptions for connecting flights might not be stay but, as we could not discover any redemptions from the U.S. via Tel Aviv and onward to different locations like Rome, Dubai or Vienna. Plus, Alaska’s web site says redemptions are solely attainable to the Center East and Europe, which excludes locations in Asia and Africa.
Associated: Inside El Al’s spiffy 787 Dreamliner with overhauled cabins
Redemption charges for early 2023
El Al flies from its base in Tel Aviv to U.S. locations like Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark and New York. Relying in your route, you’ll be able to count on the next value ranges on nonstop flights between TLV and the U.S.:
- Financial system: 40,000 to 45,000 miles per individual, every method.
- Premium economic system: 60,000 to 70,000 miles per individual, every method.
- Enterprise class: 85,000 miles per individual, every method.
Redemption charges for later in 2023
Nevertheless, award redemption charges improve by as a lot as 25% later in 2023. This variation in the course of subsequent yr echoes different negatives we have seen with Alaska Airways award redemptions not too long ago, corresponding to dynamic pricing by itself flights and a few very unhealthy companion award charts.
Join our every day publication
Here is what you’ll be able to count on to pay when redeeming Alaska miles for El Al flights between Israel and the U.S. within the second half of 2023:
- Financial system: 45,000 to 50,000 miles per individual, every method.
- Premium economic system: 80,000 miles per individual, every method.
- Enterprise class: 100,000 miles per individual, every method.
Different redemption choices for El Al flights
Previous to October 2020, you possibly can switch American Categorical Membership Rewards factors to El Al and make redemptions that method. Nevertheless, the switch charges and redemption choices have been fairly unhealthy. The best choice for redeeming factors and miles for El Al flights has been utilizing the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and chances are you’ll want to proceed utilizing this redemption as a substitute of the brand new possibility with Alaska miles.
Relying on routing, chances are you’ll want extra or fewer factors. Nevertheless, the charges usually are not considerably completely different from these supplied by Alaska Airways on El Al flights. Qantas affords the next pricing on the identical LAX to TLV flight beforehand proven:
- Financial system: 50,300 factors.
- Premium economic system: 93,500 factors.
- Enterprise class: 119,200 factors.
Associated: Candy Spot Sunday: E book El Al flights to Israel with Qantas factors
The benefit is you could switch factors from American Categorical Membership Rewards, Brex Rewards, Capital One, Citi ThankYou Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. By comparability, the one switch companion to the Alaska Airways Mileage Plan is from Marriott Bonvoy, along with a private and a enterprise bank card, each issued by Financial institution of America within the U.S. This makes incomes Qantas factors a lot simpler.
If you happen to’re fascinated about flying on El Al, it is now attainable to redeem Alaska miles for flights on the airline.
This comes after the 2 airways fashioned a partnership in early 2019, permitting you to earn miles with one airline for paid flights on the opposite. After a protracted wait, you’ll be able to lastly redeem Alaska miles for award flights on El Al, although the charges usually are not overly compelling — particularly after they seemingly go up later in 2023. That being mentioned, having further choices for easy methods to use your factors and miles is a web constructive.