United Airways has at present opened a brand new lounge idea, which I feel many frequent flyers will respect, particularly these with brief connections.
“United Membership Fly” opens in Denver
Denver Worldwide Airport (DEN) is a significant hub for United Airways, and the airport is increasing Concourse B. As a part of this, United has simply opened a very new lounge idea, generally known as United Membership Fly. This has formally opened its doorways to company as of at present (Saturday, November 5, 2022).
What ought to company count on from United Membership Fly Denver?
- The lounge is situated between gates B61 and B63
- The lounge is 1,563 sq. ft
- The lounge has very restricted capability, with room for simply 16 company to sit down, and room for eight company to face at a bar
- United Membership Fly is open to anybody who has United Membership entry, however you’ll be able to’t deliver company with you; you scan your self into the lounge utilizing your eligible boarding cross
- When it comes to meals, the lounge options seize & go sandwiches, wraps, salads, yogurt, fruit cups, cereal, chips, candy treats, and many others., all of that are complimentary
- When it comes to drinks, the lounge options self-serve espresso, barista made espresso, chilly brew, iced tea, smooth drinks, juice, and water, all of that are complimentary
- The lounge doesn’t have any loos
That is an superior idea
United Airways is the primary US airline to supply a seize & go meals idea in a lounge, although it’s not the primary time we’ve seen this idea in North America:
- In 2019 we noticed the introduction of the Air Canada Cafe in Toronto, which is identical thought; it’s a small lounge with a choice of meals & drinks you could take to-go
- Extra just lately in the USA we noticed the opening of the Capital One Lounge Dallas, which additionally gives a seize & go choice, together with complimentary meals & drinks
That is such an amazing thought, particularly for an airport that’s a closely banked hub, the place passengers could usually solely have a connection of below an hour. That’s not likely sufficient time to take pleasure in a meal at a restaurant or eat a complete lot in a lounge, so with the ability to seize one thing to your connecting flight is beneficial. This also needs to assist alleviate crowding in another United Golf equipment.
The one problem with the seize & go idea is that some individuals lack self restraint, they usually view a seize & go choice as an invite to cater their pantry for the subsequent month. I imply, I’ve seen individuals deliver Ziploc baggage with a purpose to empty out these stale snack towers, so I can solely think about what some individuals may do if that they had entry to one thing higher than that. I believe all of those seize & go ideas will finally include some kind of an official restrict on how a lot you’ll be able to take, with workers members monitoring.
The United Membership Fly idea has debuted at Denver Airport. United now has a roughly 1,600 sq. foot lounge for many who have United Membership entry, providing seize & go gadgets. From salads, to sandwiches, to chilly brew, to barista-made cappuccinos, this lounge appears to have a powerful complimentary choice.
United is the primary main US airline to supply this, although it received’t be the primary lounge within the US to have one thing like this, because the Capital One Lounge DFW additionally has a seize & go choice. Moreover, the Air Canada Cafe in Toronto was the primary lounge in North America to function this idea.
I’m curious to take a look at this idea for myself someday, and hope to see it broaden to extra airports.
What do you make of the brand new United Membership Fly idea?