Hyperlink: Apply now for the Capital One SavorOne Money Rewards Credit score Card
I’ve simply been accepted for my newest bank card, the Capital One SavorOne Money Rewards Credit score Card (evaluation). On this submit I wished to share why I utilized, what my software expertise was like, and speak about my general tackle making use of for Capital One bank cards.
Why I utilized for the Capital One SavorOne
There are numerous causes to get the Capital One SavorOne, although right here’s the basic worth proposition:
- The cardboard has a welcome bonus of $200 money again after spending $500 inside three months
- The cardboard gives 3% money again on eating, grocery shops, leisure, and choose streaming providers, all with no international transaction charges
- Capital One and Uber have a partnership, and thru November 14, 2024, the cardboard is providing a complimentary Uber One membership, plus 10% money again with Uber and Uber Eats
- At the side of different Capital One playing cards, rewards earned on the cardboard will be transformed into Capital One miles on the fee of 1 cent per mile, making this an ideal card for maximizing Capital One miles (I worth Capital One miles at 1.7 cents every, for what it’s price)
Why did I decide up this card, in my particular state of affairs? There are actually larger welcome bonuses on the market, and I have already got numerous nice playing cards for maximizing eating and grocery retailer spending. For me it’s fairly easy:
- I in any other case pay for an Uber One membership, so getting that free of charge by way of November 2024 is a ~$200 worth for me
- I spend fairly a bit with Uber and Uber Eats, so with the ability to earn 10% money again (which I’ll convert into 10x Capital One miles, and worth at a ~17% return) is an unbelievable return on that spending, and can earn me tens of hundreds of Capital One miles
- The welcome bonus of $200 money again (which I’ll convert into 20,000 Capital One miles) is the icing on the cake
- The Capital One SavorOne has had some helpful restricted time partnerships up to now, and I belief we’ll see extra of these sooner or later
- Finally holding onto playing cards in the long term is nice to your credit score, and I strive to do this with no annual price playing cards every time attainable; so I view selecting up helpful no annual price playing cards as an vital a part of a balanced bank card technique
This card actually is an distinctive complement to the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card (evaluation), and an ideal a part of an general Capital One card technique.
My expertise making use of for the Capital One SavorOne
What was my expertise like making use of for the Capital One SavorOne? For what it’s price, that is my third Capital One card software in roughly a yr.
I discover the Capital One bank card software course of to be fairly simple. In equity, having good luck with getting instantaneous approvals on Capital One playing cards doesn’t harm with that notion, although. 😉
The applying consisted of three completely different pages of knowledge. The primary web page requested for primary private particulars, like my identify, date of delivery, and social safety quantity.
The second web page requested for my residential deal with, e-mail deal with, and cellphone quantity.
The third web page requested for my primary revenue data, in addition to my month-to-month hire or mortgage. This web page additionally asks how a lot you sometimes spend per 30 days, and in addition has some optionally available questions.
Then there have been a few pages of disclosures, and a abstract of my software. I then hit submit, and acquired an instantaneous approval, which you’ll’t beat!
I might then instantly hyperlink my new card to my current Capital One on-line account, in order that I might begin managing my account.
What are Capital One’s software restrictions?
Anecdotally Capital One has only a few constant software restrictions. For context, I utilized for the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card (evaluation) roughly a yr in the past, after which utilized for the Capital One Spark Money Plus (evaluation) roughly 9 months in the past. I bought an instantaneous approval in every case.
Try to be eligible for the welcome bonus on the Capital One SavorOne when you’ve got another sort of Capital One card, although you received’t be eligible when you’ve got this precise card, or have had this precise card up to now.
The one factor to concentrate on is that Capital One will be quirky with approvals at instances. Whereas many report luck getting accepted for Capital One playing cards, others with nice credit score report not having luck, and it may be arduous to make sense of that at instances.
I’m all the time completely satisfied once I can decide up a no annual price card just like the Capital One SavorOne, which is able to assist my credit score in the long term, and also will add worth for me. With the brand new partnership between Capital One and Uber, getting this card was a no brainer, particularly along side the Capital One Enterprise X.
Not solely can I earn the welcome bonus of $200, however I’ll additionally get an Uber One membership for almost two years (price $200), and I’ll additionally obtain 10% money again (which I’ll convert into 10x Capital One miles) for my Uber and Uber Eats spending, which is able to actually add up.
Anybody else planning on selecting up the Capital One SavorOne?