This would possibly simply be a brand new low relating to elite recognition at a resort…
Courtyard Niagara Falls calls cops on visitor for WHAT?!
Marriott elite advantages could be onerous to know, however when staying at a Courtyard property in North America, Platinum members ought to obtain a welcome reward, with their alternative of both 500 factors (complete) or a $10 meals & beverage credit score (per individual). If this isn’t supplied or honored, there’s an elite welcome reward assure.
In accordance with this FlyerTalk member:
- Breakfast was closed, so the Platinum member requested if he might use the $10 meals & beverage credit score for seize & go objects from the pantry; the agent initially stated sure, however when he got here down later to seize the meals, he was informed no, and that he’d need to pay
- The Platinum member identified the elite perks from Marriott’s web site, however the supervisor stated no
- At this level the Platinum member identified that this was going in opposition to the elite welcome reward assure, and the supervisor stated to take it up with Marriott
- The supervisor then stated that if he didn’t pay for the meals, they’d name the police for shoplifting
- At this level the Platinum member requested for the overall supervisor, and the supervisor accused the visitor of creating threats, and stated he would name the police; the supervisor picked up the cellphone and began dialing, and at this level the visitor walked away and stated his bank card might be charged
This can be a new low for elite recognition
What a weird story, although let me begin by acknowledging that we solely have one model of occasions. That being stated, a couple of ideas:
- It’s type of unbelievable that there was this a lot drama over a $10 meals & beverage credit score
- Inns sometimes care a lot about TripAdvisor and different on-line opinions, and consequently you’d assume accommodations would sometimes make cheap lodging to make sure that company depart completely satisfied; clearly that’s not the case at this property
- Even when the supervisor had a unique take, how ridiculous to accuse a loyal buyer of shoplifting as a result of they’ve a unique (right) interpretation of the principles
- Sadly Marriott accommodations making up their very own guidelines is nothing new; there’s no cause the visitor shouldn’t have been allowed to make use of a meals & beverage credit score this fashion, particularly if the restaurant was closed for breakfast
The Courtyard Niagara Falls allegedly threatened a Platinum member as a result of he wished to make use of a meals & beverage credit score for the seize & go choice, when breakfast was closed. Goodness, how the worth of elite standing has fallen…
What do you make of this Courtyard meals & beverage credit score incident?