JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic Adjustments Coming 2023
JetBlue continues to take a really unusual strategy towards its loyalty program…
JetBlue’s electronic mail about Mosaic elite standing modifications
JetBlue despatched the next electronic mail to its Mosaic members on Friday afternoon:
Thanks, as at all times, for being a TrueBlue member. So much has modified over the previous couple years—together with our first forays throughout the Atlantic and into Canada, a refresh of Mint, and our alliance with American Airways (with reciprocal advantages for Mosaics). However one factor hasn’t modified—your loyalty is what retains us flying excessive.
And, throughout 2023, we’re excited to be rolling out enhancements to the TrueBlue program which might be designed to fulfill the wants—and exceed the expectations—of extra of our clients, whether or not you’re an intrepid or occasional traveler. These embrace:
• Non-Mosaics can earn beneficial perks.
• New methods to earn Mosaic standing.
• Capacity to customise your perks, so you may select what’s most dear to you.
• New perks for Mosaics, along with most of the present favorites.
To make manner for these thrilling modifications, Take 3, Fortunate 7 and Go Lengthy bonuses will finish 12/31/22, and attributable to a system replace, factors redemptions for Mosaics to maneuver from a daily Mint suite to Mint Studio® will finish 11/30/22 (clients will nonetheless have the ability to make the transfer for a charge).
Relaxation assured, you’ll nonetheless have the ability to earn and redeem factors for award journey. We are able to’t wait to share extra particulars and dates as we get nearer, and sit up for seeing you on board quickly.
As you may see, JetBlue is promising that non-Mosaic members will have the ability to earn beneficial perks, there will likely be new methods to earn Mosaic standing, Mosaic members will have the ability to customise their perks, and Mosaic members will likely be getting new perks.
Nevertheless, this system isn’t really revealing what any of these modifications are. The one factor being concretely revealed is the damaging modifications — threshold factors bonuses are being eradicated, and the power to redeem for Mint Studio with factors goes away “to make manner for these thrilling modifications.”
The truth that this electronic mail went out on a Friday afternoon additionally doesn’t precisely give me a lot hope about this being a real “enhancement.”
JetBlue TrueBlue is such an unremarkable program
JetBlue is an odd airline, in my e-book. The airline has an superior inflight expertise, whether or not you’re flying in economic system or Mint. Now, that doesn’t consider JetBlue’s points with working on-time, or the provider’s normal lack of technique, however I digress.
For all of the innovation JetBlue has had with its passenger expertise, I discover JetBlue TrueBlue to be precisely the other. For those who ask me, it’s probably the least inspiring airline loyalty program in the US, and that’s saying quite a bit.
Specifically, as of late:
- You’re simply higher off being loyal to American AAdvantage, given the reciprocal elite perks you get, which mirror JetBlue Mosaic (minus the free drink)
- I don’t know why JetBlue is so against introducing associate award redemptions, on condition that the airline has many companions, however seemingly has refused so as to add redemptions on these airways for members; heck, it’s nonetheless not doable to redeem TrueBlue factors on American, despite the fact that that has been promised
- JetBlue can’t even keep any consistency with its TrueBlue program, as this system is seemingly being considerably overhauled year-after-year; for 2022 JetBlue added a brand new Mosaic+ tier, however that’s solely being supplied for one yr
I believe it’s time that JetBlue get some recent considering at TrueBlue. I imply, even rent individuals from Allegiant Allways Rewards or Free Spirit — each have executed a a lot better job making a compelling providing.
JetBlue TrueBlue is making modifications to Mosaic elite standing as of 2023. We’ve been advised what the damaging modifications are, whereas we haven’t been advised what the constructive modifications are, aside from the power to “earn extra beneficial perks,” “extra methods to earn Mosaic standing,” and so forth. I’m curious to see how this performs out, although personally I’m not very assured…
What do you make of JetBlue’s announcement about Mosaic modifications?