Hilton is likely one of the largest resort teams on the planet, and Diamond standing is the highest tier standing within the Hilton Honors program. What makes Diamond standing distinctive is that it’s additionally the simplest high tier resort standing to earn with any US-issued bank cards.
On this publish, I wished to take a better have a look at the advantages of Hilton Honors Diamond standing, together with the simplest methods to earn it.
Methods to earn Hilton Honors Diamond standing
There are a number of pathways to incomes Hilton Honors Diamond standing — you’ll be able to earn it by means of stays, you’ll be able to earn it only for having a premium bank card, and you’ll earn it by placing spending on sure bank cards.
Incomes Diamond standing with resort stays
If you wish to obtain Hilton Honors Diamond standing by means of resort stays it’s good to earn any of the next in a calendar 12 months:
- 60 nights
- 30 stays (with every check-in and check-out counting as one keep)
- 120,000 base factors (you usually earn 10 base factors per greenback at most manufacturers, in order that’s like spending $12,000 per 12 months)
Word that each award and income stays depend towards the night time and keep complete. The qualification necessities are in step with different high tier standing applications, although happily there’s a a lot simpler option to earn Diamond standing in case you have entry to US bank cards.
Incomes Diamond standing with bank cards
Hilton has a collection of co-branded bank cards that may earn you standing. The simplest option to earn Hilton Honors Diamond standing with a bank card is to easily have the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Specific (evaluate).
The Hilton Aspire Card presents Diamond standing for so long as you’ve gotten the cardboard, along with a slew of different superb advantages that greater than justify the annual charge. These advantages embrace an annual free night time certificates, a $250 annual Hilton resort credit score, a $250 annual airline charge credit score, a Precedence Go membership, and extra. The Hilton Aspire card carries a $450 annual charge.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to earn Hilton Honors Diamond standing by spending $40,000 in a calendar 12 months on both of the next playing cards:
In the event you’re unable to fulfill the $40,000 calendar 12 months spending requirement, understand that each the Hilton Surpass Card and Hilton Enterprise Card include Hilton Honors Gold standing for as lengthy you’re a cardmember.
Hilton Honors Diamond standing advantages
With the necessities to earn standing out of the way in which, what are the advantages of Hilton Honors Diamond standing? Under are the advantages, roughly within the order that I worth them.
Govt lounge entry
For Hilton-family properties with government lounges, Diamond members obtain entry. This is applicable no matter whether or not or not there’s availability to improve the Diamond member to an government room.
Govt lounges supply complimentary breakfast, night snacks, and a spot to seize a espresso or drink through the day. You may usually count on that government lounges exterior the US (particularly in Asia) shall be considerably higher than home ones.
Complimentary continental breakfast or resort credit score
For properties exterior of the US with out government lounges, Honors Diamond members are entitled to complimentary continental breakfast. At a minimal, this can be a selection you’ll be able to choose in any respect properties in eligible areas.
There are a few issues to notice:
- Whereas the profit is technically just for continental breakfast, in follow many inns will supply Diamond members full breakfast
- Technically this profit solely applies at properties with out government lounges, although there are additionally inns that can give Diamond members the choice of eating both within the restaurant or within the lounge
For properties in the US, Honors Diamond members obtain a resort credit score in lieu of complimentary breakfast.
The quantity of the credit score ranges from $10-25 per individual per night time, and relies on the model and placement. For full service and life-style manufacturers, high-cost markets embrace Boston, Chicago, the District of Columbia, Key Largo, Key West, New York Metropolis, San Francisco, the county of Los Angeles, and the state of Hawaii.
In terms of breakfast advantages at main resort chains, the place does Hilton Honors rank for prime tier elites?
- I’d say World of Hyatt wins, as Globalist members obtain both a scorching breakfast in a restaurant or government lounge entry in any respect properties globally; gratuity is included, and there are usually the fewest limitations on what you’ll be able to order
- I’d say IHG One Rewards is fairly aggressive too, as Diamond members obtain a fairly aggressive breakfast providing, as they get a scorching breakfast in any respect manufacturers; the catch is that many inns have a stringier interpretation than with World of Hyatt, particularly about what one can order
- I’d say Hilton Honors ranks subsequent, as breakfast for Diamond members is technically restricted to being continental (although a lot of inns go above and past), and on high of that properties in the US solely get a meals & beverage credit score
- I’d say Marriott Bonvoy ranks final, as Platinum members obtain continental breakfast at some manufacturers, whereas different manufacturers are excluded (together with EDITION, Ritz-Carlton, and so on.)
Hilton Honors Diamond members are entitled to room upgrades, although particular person inns have a variety of discretion. Because the phrases clarify, Hilton Honors Diamond members might obtain upgrades to most popular rooms, and that might embrace upgrades to junior, customary, or one-bedroom suites.
All of those upgrades are on the discretion of the resort, and are granted on a space-available foundation for all the length of the keep on the time of check-in (although at some inns upgrades are beginning to clear prematurely on an automatic foundation).
This language is a bit completely different than what you’ll discover with Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt, which promise suite upgrades for high tier elite members topic to availability, fairly than on the discretion of the resort.
As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I don’t count on (or ask for) suite upgrades, and that approach I’m not dissatisfied. Nevertheless, I do discover that I’m upgraded to suites pretty usually. It doesn’t occur a lot throughout the US, whereas I’d say exterior the US I get a collection improve about 50% of the time.
100% bonus factors
Hilton Honors Diamond members obtain a 100% factors bonus on Hilton Honors stays. Members ordinarily earn 10 base factors per greenback spent, so Diamond members earn a further 10 factors per greenback spent.
Hilton Honors additionally usually has world promotions to earn extra factors, and Hilton’s co-branded bank cards supply a wonderful price of return for Hilton spending.
Whenever you mix all of those elements, racking up Hilton Honors factors for resort stays is kind of simple.
Hilton MyWay Advantages
Diamond members obtain what’s often called a “MyWay” profit with every keep, which varies by model:
- At Waldorf Astoria select two of the next: 1,000 Honors bonus factors, one in-room film, or a spa, golf or restaurant low cost
- At Cover, Conrad, Curio Assortment, DoubleTree, Hilton, LXR, Motto, Signia, and Tapestry: obtain 1,000 Honors bonus factors
- At Hilton Grand Holidays: obtain 2,000 Honors bonus factors
- At Embassy Suites select one of many following: 1,000 Honors bonus factors or three snacks/refreshments
- At Hilton Backyard Inn select one of many following: 750 Honors bonus factors or a scorching breakfast for as much as two friends
- At Hampton by Hilton select one of many following: 250 Honors bonus factors or your selection of a snack and non-alcoholic beverage
- At Homewood Suites by Hilton select one of many following: 250 Honors bonus factors or two bottles of water and a candy snack
- At Home2 Suites by Hilton select one of many following: 100 Honors bonus factors or your selection of a snack and bottled water
- At Tru by Hilton select one of many following: 250 Honors bonus factors or your selection of a snack and bottled water
As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, you obtain premium foyer and in-room Wi-Fi at Hilton manufacturers. Curiously Hilton doesn’t supply premium web to mid-tier elite members, not like another applications.
Fifth night time free on awards stays
Whereas this can be a perk for all Hilton Honors elite tiers, I nonetheless contemplate it to be extraordinarily invaluable. Hilton Honors elite members obtain a fifth night time free on award redemptions, which may stretch your Hilton Honors factors additional.
Late check-out, topic to availability
That is an space the place Hilton Honors lags. Technically all Hilton Honors members obtain late check-out topic to availability. Nevertheless, that is solely on the resort’s discretion. Not like at Hyatt and Marriott, Hilton’s high tier members don’t get assured 4PM check-out.
Two bottles of water
Once more, this can be a advantage of all elite tiers — you obtain two complimentary bottles of water per keep.
Assured room availability
Hilton Honors Diamond members can obtain assured room availability when reserving not less than 48 hours prematurely. There are a few causes this isn’t significantly invaluable to me, although:
- When benefiting from this profit you’ll be able to count on to pay the very best potential price, so that you’re not going to get a reduced price with this deal
- There are limits to this profit, like when a resort is overbooked, so don’t count on this to work throughout main conventions, sporting occasions, and so on.
Elite standing gifting
Hilton Honors Diamond members can present elite standing to others, however provided that they really earn a sure variety of elite nights (in different phrases, you don’t get this if you happen to earn standing by means of a bank card):
- In the event you obtain 60 elite nights, present Gold standing to a different member
- In the event you obtain 100 elite nights, present Diamond standing to a different member
Diamond standing extension
Honors Diamond members have a one-time alternative to increase Diamond standing in the event that they didn’t qualify in a selected 12 months. This isn’t accessible to those that earn Diamond standing by means of a bank card, however fairly solely applies to those that earn it by way of nights, stays, or base factors. As a way to be eligible you want:
- No less than three complete years of Diamond standing (they don’t should be consecutive)
- No less than 250 elite nights or 500,000+ earned base factors
Earn lifetime Diamond standing
Hilton Honors presents lifetime Diamond standing, which has the next necessities:
- Members should have maintained Hilton Honors Diamond standing for 10 years (the years don’t should be consecutive)
- Members should have stayed a complete of not less than 1,000 nights (both paid or award) OR should have collected not less than two million base factors since becoming a member of the Hilton Honors program
What are the variations between Hilton Diamond & Gold standing?
Gold is Hilton Honors’ mid-tier standing, so what are the main variations between Gold and Diamond? I’d say there are just a few most important variations:
- Diamond members obtain a 100% factors bonus, the place Gold members obtain an 80% factors bonus
- Diamond member upgrades embrace customary suites (on the discretion of the resort), and Gold member upgrades exclude customary suites
- Diamond members get government lounge entry whatever the room they’re in, whereas Gold members solely get government lounge entry when upgraded to an government room
- Diamond members obtain complimentary premium Wi-Fi, whereas Gold members obtain free customary Wi-Fi
The variations between the 2 elite tiers aren’t big, although you’ll positively discover some variations if you happen to keep at Hilton properties usually, particularly exterior the US, the place remedy is extra differentiated.
Is Hilton Honors Diamond standing value it?
Is incomes Hilton Honors Diamond standing value it? It relies on the way you’re incomes it, what the chance value is, and what you’re hoping to realize from standing.
Let me put it this fashion — if incomes Hilton Diamond standing by means of precise stays, I’d say:
- It won’t be well worth the incremental nights in comparison with Gold standing
- Personally I like that Marriott Bonvoy Platinum and World of Hyatt Globalist supply extra assured advantages, not less than on paper (this is applicable to suite upgrades and late check-out)
That being mentioned, I believe Hilton Honors Diamond elite standing is the all-around greatest worth high tier standing you’ll be able to earn, when you think about which you could get the standing simply by having the Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
You’re paying $450 per 12 months for a card that not solely will get you high tier Diamond standing, but in addition will get you as much as $500 in credit, a free night time certificates, and extra. Personally I worth the perks of the cardboard at greater than $450 not even factoring within the Diamond standing, so I mainly contemplate the Diamond standing to be “free.”
You probably have the same valuation, then sure, Diamond standing is oh-so-worth-it. I believe Diamond standing is value it if you happen to’re incomes it by means of a co-branded bank card. Nevertheless:
- For precise stays I’d in all probability want going for standing with Hyatt or Marriott
- Hilton Honors Gold standing is nice as nicely, for somebody who solely stays at Hiltons each every so often
Diamond is Hilton Honors’ high tier standing, and comes with perks like free breakfast (or a meals & beverage credit score in the US), lounge entry, bonus factors, and room upgrades. Whereas the advantages of Diamond standing aren’t fairly as “assured” as they’re with different applications, I’ve constantly gotten nice worth with my standing.
Getting Diamond standing with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card is an outstanding worth, in my view, as that is little doubt the simplest option to get high tier standing with any main resort program.
In the event you’re a Hilton Honors Diamond member, what has your expertise been like?
The next hyperlinks will direct you to the charges and costs for talked about American Specific Playing cards. These embrace: The Hilton Honors American Specific Enterprise Card (Charges & Charges), and Hilton Honors American Specific Surpass® Card (Charges & Charges).