Intriguing: Aeroplan HotelSavers Program – One Mile at a Time
Air Canada Aeroplan has launched a brand new HotelSavers program, which on the floor is likely to be the perfect resort redemption alternative we’ve seen from an airline loyalty program. Whereas I’m unsure most savvy customers will use it, I admire Aeroplan pondering exterior the field.
Aeroplan providing higher worth on resort redemptions
Many airline loyalty applications give members alternatives to redeem their rewards factors for issues aside from flights, although it nearly by no means represents a great worth. Alongside these traces, Aeroplan has launched HotelSavers, a brand new program for redeeming Aeroplan factors for accommodations:
- Aeroplan can have a easy rewards grid that makes it simple to know what number of factors you want for a keep at a resort, as there will probably be eight classes
- Aeroplan is partnering instantly with 39 resort manufacturers throughout 11 chains, and in consequence is ready to provide financial savings (in factors) of as much as 30% vs. non-HotelSavers accommodations obtainable on the Aeroplan reservation platform (these will nonetheless be obtainable)
- Free evening rewards begin at 10,000 factors for the standard room, with no restrictions on room availability; you can too redeem half money and half factors towards these redemptions
- Taxes are all the time included with these redemptions, and all properties provide a chance to e book a refundable price
- Sadly you typically received’t earn factors or obtain all elite perks along with your resort loyalty program when reserving this fashion, although I’m informed that is one thing that Aeroplan is engaged on
The next are among the 39 manufacturers that can take part in Aeroplan HotelSavers:
- Luxurious: Fairmont Inns & Resorts, Shangri-La Inns & Resorts, Taj Inns, Small Luxurious Inns of the World, InterContinental Inns & Resorts, Most popular Inns & Resorts, Kimpton Inns, and others
- Premium: Le Germain Inns, Omni Inns & Resorts, Noble Home Inns & Resorts, Swissôtel Inns & Resorts, Pullman, Resort Indigo, Crowne Plaza Inns & Resorts, and others
- Midscale & Economic system: Coast Inns, Vacation Inn Inns, Novotel Inns & Resorts, Alt Inns, Ibis, and Ibis Kinds
Aeroplan claims that HotelSavers gives the perfect member worth for Aeroplan factors exterior of flights, and likewise claims that there will probably be aspirational “candy spots” to uncover, the place worth of resort redemptions is even higher than the standard worth per level when redeeming for flights.
Listed here are some examples given of HotelSavers properties, rounded to the closest 1,000 factors:
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort (Class 8) – 71,000 pts/evening
- Fairmont Mayakoba Resort, Playa Del Carmen (Class 7) – 60,000 pts/evening
- Shangri-La Vancouver (Class 6) – 45,000 factors/evening
- Shangri-La Toronto (Class 6) – 45,000 pts/evening
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Seashore Resort (Class 6) – 43,000 pts/evening
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Goa (Class 5) – 39,000 pts/evening
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile (Class 5) – 36,000 pts/evening
- Le Germain Charlevoix Resort & Spa, Baie-Saint-Paul (Class 4) – 33,000 pts/evening
- Claris Resort and Spa (SLH), Barcelona (Class 3) – 24,000 pts/evening
- Lorenzo Resort (Most popular Inns & Resorts), Dallas (Class 2) – 12,000 pts/evening
Right here’s how Scott O’Leary, Air Canada’s VP of Loyalty and Product, describes this new program:
“When Canadians need to fly on factors, they’ll already depend on Aeroplan as Aeroplan bank card holders can redeem for Air Canada flight rewards for a median of 30% fewer factors than in the event that they used factors for non-Aeroplan Canadian bank-based journey applications. Nevertheless, nobody has targeted on delivering Canadians a fantastic resort rewards program – that adjustments at this time. With HotelSavers, we’re now providing Aeroplan members nice choices to e book accommodations utilizing their factors – with out compromising the wonderful worth they’ve come to count on. HotelSavers is yet one more method we’re investing to solidify Aeroplan as the go-to rewards selection for all Canadians who journey.”
This is a wonderful effort on Aeroplan’s half
Aeroplan might be my favourite frequent flyer program, and that’s largely as a result of this system is designed by avgeeks who’re actually into miles. So that they see the worth in providing plenty of partnerships, giving members first and enterprise class redemption alternatives, and many others.
Nevertheless, that’s not how most individuals need to redeem their factors, and the fact is that there are far more individuals who use their factors for accommodations, rental vehicles, and toaster ovens. In that sense, it’s nice to see Aeroplan attempting to make these sorts of redemptions a greater worth.
Aeroplan HotelSavers is a powerful initiative that makes use of the identical philosophy that Aeroplan has with flights for resort redemptions. Whereas different applications remove award charts and swap to totally dynamic pricing, Aeroplan goes the wrong way, with a simplified redemption award chart for accommodations.
You even have to like that Aeroplan says there will probably be some “candy spots” right here. Whereas I doubt we’ll ever see full resort elite advantages and factors incomes alternatives on these stays, I admire that that is one thing Aeroplan a minimum of claims to be engaged on.
Whereas this possible isn’t how I’ll be selecting to redeem my Aeroplan factors, this new program ought to provide improved worth for a lot of members.
Air Canada Aeroplan has launched the HotelSavers program, providing higher worth when redeeming airline factors at accommodations. Whereas this isn’t how I plan on redeeming my Aeroplan factors, I acknowledge that these sorts of redemptions are interesting to many, so it’s good to see that Aeroplan has made a big effort to enhance the worth of those.
What do you make of Aeroplan HotelSavers?