Information To JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic Standing
JetBlue is a nice airline to fly with, and is understood for its free Wi-Fi, seatback televisions, and intensive snacks. Some main modifications are being made to the JetBlue TrueBlue program as of this week (they kick in as of Could 10, 2023), so on this publish I wished to offer a rundown of the worth proposition of JetBlue’s new elite program.
Mosaic is the identify of JetBlue’s elite program, and on this publish I wished to take a better have a look at it. How do you earn Mosaic standing, what are the perks, and is it price it?
How you can earn JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic standing
Standing with JetBlue TrueBlue is earned primarily based in your exercise over the course of a calendar yr. With the reimagined TrueBlue program, standing isn’t earned primarily based on the factors you earn, however moderately it’s earned primarily based on what number of “tiles” you rack up. How do you earn tiles?
- You earn one tile for each $100 in qualifying spending with JetBlue; this doesn’t simply embody flights, but in addition trip packages, rental vehicles, cruises, and even American Airways flights
- You earn one tile for each $1,000 in qualifying spending on a co-branded JetBlue bank card, together with the non-public and enterprise card
JetBlue’s primary Mosaic standing could be earned with 50 tiles (which equates to $5,000 of spending on JetBlue or $50,000 of bank card spending), although the very best tier of Mosaic standing requires 250 tiles (which equates to $25,000 of spending on JetBlue or $250,000 of bank card spending).
Observe that whereas tiles are the metric by which you qualify for standing, you possibly can proceed to earn and redeem factors as earlier than, for the needs of award redemptions.
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic standing tiers & advantages
JetBlue TrueBlue has 4 tiers of Mosaic standing, which you’ll be able to unlock after incomes 50, 100, 150, or 250 tiles. The upper your elite tier, the higher the perks. On high of that, JetBlue provides a number of rewards earlier than one even qualifies for Mosaic standing, for passing 10, 20, 30, or 40 tiles.
So let’s go over the total suite of reward choices, beginning with the choices you possibly can choose earlier than you even qualify for standing.
JetBlue TrueBlue Perks You Decide program
With the brand new JetBlue TrueBlue program, you possibly can earn elite-like rewards earlier than you even qualify for elite standing. Because of the Perks You Decide program, TrueBlue members can customise the perks they need.
When passing every threshold of 10, 20, 30, or 40 tiles, a member can select one of many following:
- Early boarding — board with Group B (excludes Blue Primary fares)
- Precedence safety — obtainable at dozens of airports
- Alcoholic drink — take pleasure in one complimentary alcoholic drink on every flight (beer, wine, or liquor)
- JetBlue Holidays bonus — earn a 2x factors bonus on one JetBlue Holidays bundle
- 5,000 bonus factors — enhance your TrueBlue stability by 5,000 factors
JetBlue Mosaic Signature Perks 1 with 50 tiles
JetBlue’s entry stage standing could be earned with 50 tiles, which is the equal of $5,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $50,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next:
- Mosaic boarding
- First two checked baggage charge
- One complimentary alcoholic drink per flight (beer, wine, or liquor)
- Even Extra House seats at check-in
- Similar day flight modifications
- Precedence safety
- Precedence check-in
- Devoted cellphone assist and precedence chat help
- Complimentary upgrades on Heathrow Specific
JetBlue Mosaic Signature Perks 2 with 100 tiles
JetBlue’s second stage standing could be earned with 100 tiles, which is the equal of $10,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $100,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perk:
- Even Extra House seats on the time of reserving
JetBlue Mosaic Signature Perks 3 with 150 tiles
JetBlue’s third stage standing could be earned with 150 tiles, which is the equal of $15,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $150,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perk:
- 4 certificates that can be utilized to improve to Mint
The variety of certificates required to maneuver to Mint will depend on the flight, although there aren’t capability controls. We’re nonetheless ready to study the small print of precisely what number of of those will likely be required for upgrades, although.
JetBlue Mosaic Signature Perks 4 with 250 tiles
JetBlue’s high stage standing could be earned with 250 tiles, which is the equal of $25,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $250,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perks:
- Two extra certificates that can be utilized to improve to Mint
- BLADE airport helicopter transfers; these can be utilized for 4 complimentary seats on BLADE between Manhattan and JFK or EWR
JetBlue Mosaic Perks You Decide program
Along with the Perks You Decide choices for non-elite members, elite members can choose one merchandise from the Mosaic Perks You Decide menu every time they cross a standing threshold (which means as much as 4 could possibly be chosen). The choices embody the next:
- FoundersCard Blue membership — 150+ premium journey, enterprise, and life-style advantages
- Pet charge waiver — journey together with your pet at no further cost, which ordinarily prices $125 per flight
- $99 assertion credit score on JetBlue Card — get a $99 one-time assertion credit score in your JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Enterprise Card
- A 20-tile bonus — this helps you get nearer to the subsequent elite tier
- 15,000 bonus factors — this may enhance your factors stability
- Mint Suite precedence — beginning later in 2023, precedence entry to Mint Suite choice on choose plane, topic to availability
That final level is especially fascinating — it appears like JetBlue is planning on including restrictions to who can assign JetBlue Mint Suites beginning later in 2023.
JetBlue Mosaic advantages on American
American and JetBlue have a partnership, notably centered on the Northeast. Along with having the ability to earn factors, JetBlue Mosaic members obtain choose advantages when flying with American, together with:
- As much as two free checked baggage
- Free Foremost Cabin Further seating, as much as 24 hours earlier than departure
- Free same-day flight modifications
- Precedence check-in
- Precedence boarding
- Expedited safety
Is JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic standing price it?
To JetBlue’s credit score, the brand new TrueBlue program is fairly sturdy and effectively thought out. It creates incentives to offer JetBlue incremental enterprise, whether or not an individual is simply an occasional JetBlue flyer, or travels with the airline each week.
On the similar time, I type of have a tough time getting enthusiastic about TrueBlue Mosaic, for a couple of causes:
- Sometimes one of many nice perks of elite standing is that you just get elite standing with an alliance, like oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, or SkyTeam Elite Plus; since JetBlue doesn’t belong to an alliance, that doesn’t actually apply
- Sometimes top-of-the-line perks of elite standing is limitless house obtainable top notch upgrades; JetBlue doesn’t have a premium cabin on most of its planes, and people planes with Mint require improve certificates, that are earned on the increased tiers (in equity, Mint is a lot better than your typical top notch)
- American AAdvantage elite members get most of the similar primary perks as Mosaic members when flying with JetBlue; so in the event you’re simply going to earn the primary stage of Mosaic, you would possibly discover extra worth as an alternative crediting flights to American AAdvantage
In case you’d fly with JetBlue anyway, then after all going for standing with JetBlue might be price it. However in the event you’re largely incomes elite standing via bank card spending, or fly quite a lot of airways, then I feel the worth proposition of going for standing with American AAdvantage is best.
As of Could 2023, JetBlue TrueBlue has completely modified its loyalty program. With the brand new program, you can begin incomes elite-like perks earlier than you even qualify for standing, after which there are 4 tiers of Mosaic standing, providing incremental perks at every tier.
I’d say the brand new TrueBlue program is mostly rewarding and creates extra incentives to offer the airline extra enterprise. Nonetheless, between the dearth of standing with a worldwide alliance, the dearth of complimentary top notch upgrades (which JetBlue doesn’t actually have), and the potential to get perks on JetBlue via American AAdvantage, I don’t suppose it’s price going out of your option to earn JetBlue Mosaic, at the very least compared to different standing tiers.
The place do you stand on the worth of JetBlue Mosaic standing?