JetBlue is utterly overhauling its TrueBlue frequent flyer program, and it’ll affect Mosaic elite standing. This system will turn into far more sturdy, with 4 elite tiers, and extra alternatives to be rewarded. Information of a brand new program was hinted a number of weeks again, so it’s good to see this turning into a actuality. I’m impressed by the brand new program, so let’s go over the small print.
JetBlue Mosaic standing will probably be earned with “tiles”
With the brand new JetBlue TrueBlue program, elite standing will now not be earned based mostly on what number of qualifying factors you earn, however slightly it is going to be based mostly on what number of “tiles” you rack up. How do you earn tiles?
- You earn one tile for each $100 in qualifying spending with JetBlue; this doesn’t simply embody flights, but additionally trip packages, rental automobiles, cruises, and extra
- You earn one tile for each $1,000 in qualifying spending on a co-branded JetBlue bank card
Notice that nothing is altering about incomes TrueBlue factors, as they’ll proceed to be awarded on the identical price as earlier than. This simply impacts the metrics by which you earn elite standing and different rewards.
JetBlue TrueBlue “Perks You Choose” program
The brand new JetBlue TrueBlue program will reward even these with out elite standing. For the primary time ever, members can earn elite-like perks earlier than even qualifying for Mosaic standing. TrueBlue members will be capable of customise the perks they earn with the Perks You Choose program.
When passing every threshold of 10, 20, 30, or 40 tiles, a member can select one of many following:
- Early boarding — board with Group B (excludes Blue Fundamental fares)
- Precedence safety — accessible at dozens of airports
- Alcoholic drink — get pleasure from one complimentary alcoholic drink on every flight (beer, wine, or liquor)
- JetBlue Holidays bonus — earn a 2x factors bonus on one JetBlue Holidays package deal
- 5,000 bonus factors — enhance your TrueBlue steadiness by 5,000 factors
It’s superior that the brand new program will supply rewards even earlier than qualifying for standing.
JetBlue TrueBlue provides 4 Mosaic elite tiers
Traditionally JetBlue TrueBlue has supplied only a single tier of Mosaic elite standing (in 2022 we noticed a second tier quickly launched). With the brand new program, JetBlue will supply 4 tiers of elite standing. When incomes every tier, members can even choose a single Mosaic Signature Perk. Let’s go over every of those thresholds.
Earn Mosaic 1 with 50 tiles
JetBlue’s entry degree standing will be earned with 50 tiles, which is the equal of $5,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $50,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next:
- Mosaic boarding
- First two checked luggage payment
- One complimentary alcoholic drink per flight (beer, wine, or liquor)
- Even Extra Area seats at check-in
- Identical day flight modifications
- Precedence safety
- Precedence check-in
- Devoted cellphone assist and precedence chat help
- Complimentary upgrades on Heathrow Categorical
Earn Mosaic 2 with 100 tiles
JetBlue’s second degree standing will be earned with 100 tiles, which is the equal of $10,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $100,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perk:
- Even Extra Area seats on the time of reserving
Earn Mosaic 3 with 150 tiles
JetBlue’s third degree standing will be earned with 150 tiles, which is the equal of $15,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $150,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perk:
- 4 certificates that can be utilized to improve to Mint
The variety of certificates required to maneuver to Mint is dependent upon the flight, although there gained’t be capability controls. The small print of what number of certificates could possibly be required is a vital element, clearly.
Earn Mosaic 4 with 250 tiles
JetBlue’s prime degree standing will be earned with 250 tiles, which is the equal of $25,000 of spending on JetBlue, or $250,000 of spending on a JetBlue bank card. With this, you possibly can obtain the next incremental perks:
- Two further certificates that can be utilized to improve to Mint
- BLADE airport helicopter transfers; these can be utilized for 4 complimentary seats on BLADE between Manhattan and JFK or EWR
New Mosaic Perks You Choose
Along with the Perks You Choose choices for non-elite members, elite members can decide one merchandise from the Mosaic Perks You Choose menu every time they cross a standing threshold (that means as much as 4 could possibly be chosen). The choices embody the next:
- FoundersCard Blue membership — 150+ premium journey, enterprise, and way of life advantages
- Pet payment waiver — journey together with your pet at no additional cost, which ordinarily prices $125 per flight
- $99 assertion credit score on JetBlue Card — get a $99 one-time assertion credit score in your JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Enterprise Card
- A 20-tile bonus — this helps you get nearer to the subsequent elite tier
- 15,000 bonus factors — this may enhance your factors steadiness
- Mint Suite precedence — beginning later in 2023, precedence entry to Mint Suite choice on choose plane, topic to availability
That final level is especially attention-grabbing — it seems like JetBlue is planning on including restrictions to who can assign JetBlue Mint Suites beginning later in 2023.
These modifications kick in as of the spring of 2023
These new modifications are anticipated to take impact as of the spring of 2023. Beginning then, Mosaic-qualifying factors and segments will probably be retired, and members will see what number of tiles they’ve earned based mostly on how a lot they’ve already spent in 2023. Any member eligible for Perks You Choose may have the chance to pick them based mostly on their in-progress 2023 tile rely.
Mosaic members will probably be assigned a Mosaic degree based mostly on how a lot they spent in 2022 or how a lot they spent in 2023, whichever is larger. They will then instantly begin having fun with the Mosaic Signature Perks of every degree, and may have the alternatives to pick the perks with every degree.
My tackle these JetBlue TrueBlue modifications
When you ask me, JetBlue TrueBlue has been leaving lots of worth on the desk with its TrueBlue program for years, and these modifications actually deal with that. With the partnership between American AAdvantage and JetBlue TrueBlue, there was virtually no motive to be loyal to JetBlue. That’s as a result of American frequent flyers have largely gotten the identical perks as JetBlue frequent flyers.
This new program appears effectively thought out, and it’s extremely participating in any respect ranges — vacationers will be rewarded earlier than even incomes elite standing, and there are massive incentives to proceed being loyal to JetBlue even after initially qualifying for Mosaic standing.
I’m curious concerning the particulars surrounding the Mint improve certificates, however I believe for many individuals this might probably justify placing vital spending on JetBlue’s bank cards.
The JetBlue TrueBlue program is being utterly overhauled. Elite standing will probably be based mostly on what number of tiles you earn, and each elite and non-elite members will be capable of decide custom-made rewards. On prime of that, there will probably be 4 tiers of Mosaic elite standing, which provide some fairly compelling perks.
I’m impressed by simply how rewarding this program is for just about all members, even these with out elite standing.
What do you make of those JetBlue TrueBlue modifications?