In 2020, we noticed the introduction of a partnership between Chase and Lyft, providing the chance for cardmembers to earn bonus factors and obtain perks. This partnership has not solely been prolonged by way of 2025, however we’ve additionally seen an incredible new Lyft perk launched on certainly one of Chase’s most premium playing cards.
Let’s go over all the small print of this beneficial partnership.
Earn bonus factors on Lyft rides with Chase
By March 31, 2025, choose Chase bank cards are providing bonus factors on Lyft rides:
To reap the benefits of this, simply add your eligible Chase card to your Lyft profile, and use it to pay for rides. You’ll see the bonus factors mechanically submit to your Chase account, and there’s no restrict to what number of bonus factors you possibly can earn.
Personally I worth Final Rewards factors at ~1.7 cents every. I take advantage of the Chase Sapphire Reserve for my Lyft rides, and I worth that at a 17% return on that spending, which is fairly unimaginable. Remember the fact that all the above playing cards can doubtlessly earn Final Rewards factors that may be transferred to airline & lodge companions, because of the flexibility to mix Chase factors throughout accounts.
Obtain Lyft Pink with Chase Sapphire Reserve
These with the Chase Sapphire Reserve not solely earn 10x factors with Lyft, however may also obtain a complimentary Lyft Pink All Entry membership, which ordinarily retails for $199 per yr.
That is complimentary for 2 years, and within the third yr you possibly can obtain a 50% low cost on the membership value. You might want to activate the membership by December 31, 2024.
Lyft has two membership tiers — Lyft Pink and Lyft Pink All Entry. What are the perks of Lyft Pink All Entry?
- Free Precedence pickup upgrades to get picked up sooner
- Member-exclusive pricing together with 10% off all Lux rides
- Cancellation forgiveness, cancel as much as thrice per 30 days without spending a dime
- In-app roadside help to your personal automobile, free as much as 4 occasions a yr
- Free Grubhub+ for one yr
- Free SIXT automobile rental upgrades
- Free, limitless 45-minute traditional bike rides
- Free limitless ebike and scooter unlocks
- Discounted ebike and scooter charges
- Three bike or scooter visitor passes per yr
Activating your Lyft Pink All Entry membership is simple. First make it possible for your Chase Sapphire Reserve is linked to your Lyft account, as a fee technique.
Click on the three horizontal traces on the prime left of the Lyft app, and you then’ll see that the menu seems on the left facet of the display screen. Click on “Lyft Pink.”
On the following web page, you need to mechanically be prompted to activate your two yr free Lyft Pink All Entry membership.
When you conform to the phrases, your membership might be activated, and you can begin utilizing your perks straight away — it’s that straightforward!
This partnership has modified my habits
Relating to a lot of these partnerships, I feel there are sometimes questions on how nicely they really work relating to influencing shopper habits in the long term. Is Lyft simply giving one thing away to Chase cardmembers without spending a dime, after which as soon as that free trial interval is over, folks return to their outdated habits?
I can solely converse for myself, however this partnership has positively modified my habits:
- Earlier than the partnership was launched I virtually all the time used Uber, whereas now I virtually all the time use Lyft
- I’ve simply usually discovered Lyft to be a friendlier platform, I’ve discovered the pricing to be aggressive (and sometimes higher), and you then add within the 10x factors I’m incomes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Getting a Lyft Pink membership with the Chase Sapphire Reserve is the icing on the cake, and admittedly makes it simpler for me to justify holding onto this card
Don’t neglect to earn different rewards to your Lyft rides
As a basic reminder, Lyft additionally has partnerships with Alaska Mileage Plan, Delta SkyMiles, and Hilton Honors, so members can earn bonus rewards with their alternative of a type of three packages:
- Alaska and Lyft have a partnership providing 1x Alaska Mileage Plan miles per greenback spent on US and Canada Lyft rides, with no caps on what number of miles you possibly can earn; by way of December 31, 2022, you possibly can earn 2x Alaska miles on all these rides
- Hilton and Lyft have a partnership providing 3x Hilton Honors factors per greenback spent on US Lyft non-public rides, and 2x Hilton Honors factors per greenback spent on US Lyft shared rides, on as much as $10,000 of spending per yr
- Delta and Lyft have a partnership providing 2x Delta SkyMiles per greenback spent on US airport rides and 1x Delta SkyMiles per greenback spent on all different US Lyft rides, with no caps on what number of miles you possibly can earn
Personally I feel the Alaska partnership is probably the most profitable, adopted by the Hilton partnership, adopted by the Delta partnership. Additionally ensure you’re utilizing the most effective bank cards for Lyft rides.
The partnership between Chase and Lyft continues to be extremely helpful. By March 31, 2025, you possibly can earn 5-10x factors per greenback spent with Lyft. On prime of that, by way of December 31, 2024, these with the Chase Sapphire Reserve can activate a complimentary two yr Lyft Pink All Entry membership. This ordinarily retails for $199 per yr, so can add fairly a little bit of worth.
Has the Chase & Lyft partnership modified your ridesharing habits?