|Observe: I’ve up to date this publish to replicate that there’s a Capital One Lounge coming to Las Vegas Airport, although there’s no opening timeline but.|
Hyperlink: Apply now for the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card
Capital One has been doing a formidable job on the journey entrance currently. Along with enormously enhancing its mileage program, there’s now additionally the Capital One Enterprise X Rewards Credit score Card, which is an unbelievable premium bank card that a number of individuals are making use of for.
On high of that, in late 2021 Capital One acquired into the airport lounge recreation. On this publish I needed to recap every thing we learn about Capital One Lounges, from places to entry necessities.
Why is Capital One opening airport lounges?
Lounge entry has change into a preferred perk for premium bank cards. Traditionally premium bank cards have provided a Precedence Cross membership, offering entry to a big assortment of lounges. Nonetheless, some card issuers have taken that to the subsequent stage, with bank card branded lounges.
American Categorical is finest identified for this, with its community of Centurion Lounges. Chase has additionally gotten into the lounge recreation, with the introduction of Chase Sapphire Lounges. Capital One can also be opening airport lounges, with the opening of the primary one having coincided with the introduction of the Capital One Enterprise X Card.
Which airports are getting Capital One Lounges?
Capital One has confirmed plans to open lounges at 4 airports, with solely one of many 4 being open to this point. I’d anticipate that over time many extra airports will get lounges, however beneath are the fundamental particulars of all 4 Capital One Lounges which were revealed to this point.
Capital One Lounge Dallas Fort Price Airport (DFW)
The Capital One Lounge Dallas Fort Price Airport (DFW) opened in November 2021. The ten,000 sq. foot lounge is positioned in Terminal D close to Gate 22.
Capital One Lounge Denver Airport (DEN)
The Capital One Lounge Denver Airport (DEN) is predicted to open in 2023. The 11,200 sq. foot lounge might be positioned in Concourse A on the mezzanine stage.
Capital One Lounge Washington Dulles Airport (IAD)
The Capital One Lounge Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) is predicted to open in 2023. The 9,100 sq. foot lounge might be positioned close to the safety checkpoint (so not close to any gates).
Capital One Lounge Las Vegas Airport (LAS)
The Capital One Lounge Las Vegas (LAS) has been confirmed to be within the pipeline, however we don’t but know the opening date. The 7,900 sq. foot lounge might be positioned on the middle of Concourse D. Thrifty Traveler notes that the Clark County Board of Commissioners has authorized the lease plan, and a Capital One spokesperson has confirmed the plans.
What are Capital One Lounges like?
I’ve had the possibility to take a look at the Capital One Lounge DFW a number of instances, and it’s merely phenomenal, amongst my favourite lounges in the USA. Whereas there are some primary facilities you anticipate from lounges, Capital One takes it to the subsequent stage.
Amongst different issues, right here’s what you’ll be able to anticipate from the Capital One Lounge DFW:
- A seize & go meals choice, together with sandwiches, salads, fruit, snacks, and extra
- A correct in-lounge eating expertise, with menus curated by native cooks, and wholesome alternatives comprised of regionally sourced substances
- A wonderful drink choice, together with native beer, regional wine, craft cocktails, chilly brew on faucet, and a full espresso bar
- A biking and yoga room with Peloton bikes and resistance bands
- Bathe suites with towels and toiletries
- Leisure rooms with blankets, eye covers, and earplugs
- Semi-private work areas with retailers at each seat
- Pleasant service, particularly from Rumana, who’s a famous person
You’ll be able to learn my full overview of the Capital One Lounge DFW right here.
Who can entry Capital One Lounges?
Capital One Lounges might be accessed by the next folks:
- Capital One Enterprise X cardmembers can get limitless entry to Capital One Lounges, and might convey two friends with them without spending a dime, and might convey extra friends with them for $45 every; take into account that licensed customers might be added to the cardboard without spending a dime, they usually get the identical lounge entry perks
- Capital One Enterprise Rewards Credit score Card (overview) and Capital One Spark Miles for Enterprise (overview) cardmembers obtain two complimentary visits yearly, with no complimentary guesting privileges (the passes might be utilized by the first cardmember or licensed customers, and will also be used for a visitor who’s current, that means you possibly can use two passes for you and a visitor); extra friends, in addition to extra visits, price $45 every
- Children beneath two can enter Capital One Lounges without spending a dime
- All others can enter Capital One Lounges for $65 per go to
- Regardless that Capital One Lounges are operated in partnership with Plaza Premium Group, there’s no entry by means of different bank cards or lounge membership packages
Getting the Capital One Enterprise X Card for lounge entry might be completely value it. The cardboard has a $395 annual payment, however gives a $300 annual journey credit score and 10K bonus anniversary miles yearly, so having the cardboard ought to price you little or no in the event you’re going about it proper. Moreover, you’ll be capable to add 4 licensed customers to the cardboard at no further price, they usually’ll obtain the identical lounge entry perks. That makes this the perfect card for households.
Are there entry restrictions for Capital One Lounges?
Past the precise entry necessities for Capital One Lounges, there are a few additional entry restrictions to pay attention to:
- You want a boarding go for a departing flight so as to have the ability to entry Capital One Lounges (so you’ll be able to’t use them as arrivals lounges)
- You’ll be able to solely entry Capital One Lounges inside three hours of a flight’s scheduled departure; whereas it’s my understanding that that is the official rule, I’ve heard a number of reviews that it’s not enforced
What’s my tackle Capital One Lounges?
I’m extraordinarily impressed by what Capital One is doing with airport lounges, and the timing has been nice as properly, because it coincided with the launch of the Capital One Enterprise X Card. A number of ideas on Capital One Lounges to this point:
- Admittedly it’s going to take Capital One some time to construct up a community of lounges, so this might be extraordinarily helpful for these primarily based out of an airport with a lounge, whereas it is going to be much less helpful for others
- We are able to hope that possibly Capital One Lounges received’t be crowded for some time, because it’ll take Capital One a while to construct up a cardmember base
- Capital One is doing one thing distinctive right here, and is introducing facilities we haven’t seen from different lounges, and I like that; from chilly brew and espresso, to seize & go meals, to Peloton bikes, Capital One put quite a lot of thought into these lounges
What different lounge entry does the Enterprise X supply?
As a reminder, entry to Capital One Lounges is simply a small a part of the lounge entry perks provided by the Capital One Enterprise X Card. The cardboard additionally gives:
These advantages apply not only for the first cardmember, but in addition for the as much as 4 licensed customers you’ll be able to add to your card at no further price.
Capital One has gotten into the airport lounge recreation, with the introduction of the Capital One Enterprise X Card. The Capital One Lounge DFW is already open. We are able to anticipate the lounges at DEN and IAD to open in 2023, and a lounge at LAS to open sooner or later sooner or later.
Capital One has taken a special strategy towards lounge design, and I can’t wait to see the portfolio develop. Capital One Lounges have distinctive options you received’t discover in different lounges, starting from a seize & go meals choice, to chilly brew on faucet, to a exercise room.
What do you make of the Capital One Lounges at airports? Will you be selecting up the Enterprise X Card?