Alaska Mileage Plan has simply launched a suggestion to earn bonus elite qualifying miles for choose journey over the approaching weeks. Whereas the airline had a suggestion for bonus elite miles for a lot of 2021, this promotion isn’t almost as beneficiant. Nevertheless, it ought to nonetheless show worthwhile for a lot of Mileage Plan members.
Alaska Mileage Plan providing 50% bonus elite miles
Alaska Mileage Plan is providing 50% bonus elite qualifying miles for California flights:
- There’s no registration required
- That is legitimate for flights between October 1 and November 10, 2022, no matter once they have been booked
- That is legitimate for journey to, from, and inside California
- That is legitimate for Alaska Airways marketed flights operated by Alaska, Horizon, and Skywest
- Mileage Plan members can earn a most of 10,000 bonus elite qualifying miles with this promotion
- Bonus elite qualifying miles will put up the identical time that commonplace elite qualifying miles put up
- Bonus elite qualifying miles allegedly don’t rely towards sure MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold 100K advantages, such because the 50K bonus miles for reaching MVP Gold 75K standing, or American Airways worldwide improve certificates for reaching MVP Gold 100K standing
My ideas on this Alaska Mileage Plan promotion
I feel many people have been curious if airways would provide any quick observe presents for elite standing in 2022. In any case, enterprise journey hasn’t absolutely recovered, however on the similar time you may have so many individuals who’ve had their elite standing prolonged, that it virtually appears like there are extra elite members than ever earlier than.
In concept I get why Alaska Mileage Plan is particularly incentivizing California journey. The airline dominates the Pacific Northwest, whereas California is far more aggressive, with a major presence from American, Delta, Southwest, United, and so on.
That being stated, I discover the execution of this provide to be fairly unusual:
- There’s a journey window of simply over a month, with no advance discover of the promotion, so I’m wondering how a lot it will really affect habits, reasonably than rewarding what folks have been going to do anyway
- That is capped fairly low, at 10,000 bonus elite qualifying miles, so I assume that’s designed to cease somebody from doing main mileage working (although I’m undecided why)
- Given the cap of 10,000 bonus elite qualifying miles, it appears actually low-cost that the bonus elite miles gained’t rely towards the everyday rewards you get for MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold 100K standing; when Alaska supplied 50% bonus elite miles for many of 2021, these bonus miles did rely towards these rewards
- You don’t must register for the provide, which is uncommon, since usually you need folks to activate a suggestion to make sure that a promotion is on some degree impacting their habits
So yeah, it is a promotion that some folks will little doubt profit from, and which presents worth. Nevertheless, I really feel like this gained’t do all that a lot to incentivize incremental enterprise, which presumably is what any airline is hoping to perform with a promotion.
Alaska Mileage Plan is providing 50% bonus elite qualifying miles for the approaching weeks on flights to, from, and inside California. It’s not stunning to see Alaska incentivize California journey, given what a aggressive market it’s. Nevertheless, I do discover the execution of this provide to be a bit unusual.
To Alaska Mileage Plan loyalists, what do you make of this promotion?